Join GPPA for a fun filled time in Montana! The tentative Itinerary is below.
Sunday, June 2
- 5:00pm - All Guests Arrive in Missoula, Montana
- 6:00pm - Vans will depart Missoula for Kalispell a 2.5 hour scenic drive from the airport to town to check into the Hotel.
- 9:30pm - Group trip to Wal-Mart to go shopping for snacks & supplies
Monday, June 3
- 7:00am - Vans will depart Kalispell for Lake McDonald Lodge about a 1.25 hour drive. We will spend the morning around the lake and surrounding lodge areas.
- 12:00pm - Lunch You may bring your own lunch or you will be able to enjoy lunch at the lodge.
- 2:00 Return to Hotel - Dinner on your own in town
- 6:30pm - We will depart for Avalanche Campground and then take a 2 mile hike on the Avalanche Lake Trail for waterfall & sunset photos at the beach area of Avalanche Lake. Please pack flashlight or headlamp for the hike out.
Tuesday June 4
- 4:00am - Vans will depart the hotel for a 2 ½ hour ride to Many Glacier Hotel. We will spend the day exploring the beautiful shores of Swiftcurrent Lake, hike the Swiftcurrent Lake Nature Trail, with views of Josephine Lake, Grinnell Point, Angel Wing & Mt. Wilbur Mountains. This area is full of wildlife and beautiful flora, we may see Grizzly Bears, Mountain Goats and Moose along this trail.
- Dinner will be provide this evening as Brad prepares a traditional Montana style feast at the campground area of the park.
Wednesday June 5
- 4:00am Vans will depart the hotel at 4 am for a 3 hour ride to the end of St. Mary Lake and a hike into St. Mary Falls.
- Evening will consist of photographing Goose Island and the beautiful vista from the west end of St Mary Lake.
Thursday June 6
- We will check out of the Kalispell hotel and make the 4 ½ hour drive to Anaconda, Montana where we will photograph the Historic Washoe Theater. Built in 1932 it is one of the most beautiful theaters in the country. We will have an early prime rib dinner, with an option for non meat eaters. And will stop at several beautiful locations on the way to Missoula where we will check into a hotel for flights out the next day.
Friday June 7
- Return Home! Thank you for visiting Montana and enjoy your flight back!
Check out a few Tips for your trip, and a blog & photos of many of the trails we will tour by The Wild Perhaps